https://rgdata.ie/contact-partner-dublin.htmlRGDATA - The Retail Grocery Dairy & Allied Trades Association - is Ireland’s longest established retail representative association. Our members are the owners of over 3,500 independent family-owned grocery shops, convenience stores, forecourt stores and supermarkets throughout Ireland.
RGDATA’s key focus is representing the interests of independent, family-owned shops to Government, media, regulators and policymakers by:
- Representation and campaigning to ensure the voice of family owned grocery/convenience stores is heard and acted upon by policymakers.
- Monitoring policy development and legislation at local and EU level.
- Providing HR and business advice and support to our members via a Helpline and members' web site.
- Actively participating in planning policy and planning activity to ensure vibrant town centres and shops people can walk to.
- Carrying out regular member research and surveys to support our campaigns.
Campaigns and Representation
- RGDATA was instrumental in securing the introduction of the Temporary Energy Business Support Scheme – the first time the State every subsidised the energy bills for SME businesses.
- RGDATA successfully protected the retail margin for National Lottery retail agents when the National Lottery licence was sold by Government.
- RGDATA’s activities directly led to the introduction of the Retail Planning Guidelines which include a cap on the size of superstores and a ban on out of town retail development and convenience retail in retail parks and the new Town Centre First policy.
- RGDATA was active in securing a commitment that the new Deposit Return Scheme would be cost neutral for retailers and would not lead to increased or hidden charges for shop owners.
- RGDATA is a founding member of the Alliance for Insurance Reform and is an active member seeking to bring down the cost of Employer and Public Liability insurance and a fairer, more balanced Duty of Care.
RGDATA Represents Independent Retailers at:
- National Economic Forum at Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment
- Government’s Retail Consultation Forum
- Garda Retail Theft Forum
- Garda Rural Safety Forum
- Retail Forum Sub Group on Town Centre First /Night Time Economy
- Retail Forum Sub Group on Sustainability/Circular Economy)
- Central Bank’s National Payments Forum.
- Central Bank’s Cash Forum.
- Food Safety Authority National Retail Forum.
- Waste Management Forum Department of Environment, Climate & Communications.
- Circular Economy Forum Department of Environment, Climate & Communications..
- RGDATA is a founding member of The Local Jobs Alliance and the Alliance for Insurance Reform
- RGDATA is an associate member of Independent Retail Europe.
- RGDATA is a member of ISME.
During the formation of the most recent National Development Plan RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley was appointed to the NDP Advisory Group by Minister Simon Coveney. She was appointed the Town Centre First Advisory Group by Minister Dara O’Brien. She served two terms as a member of the National Oversight & Audit Commission (NOAC). Tara is also the representative for smaller non producer retailers on the Board of Deposit & Return Scheme Ireland .
Structure & Organisation
RGDATA is led by a board of directors that includes independent retailers representing all interests in the independent retail trade. The President is Colin Fee (Centra - Louth) and the current Board members are: Padraig Broderick (Spar - Limerick) ; Eamon Gavin (Centra - Cavan) , Leona Pender (Londis - Kildare); Annie Timothy (Londis - Roscommon), Rachel Twomey (SuperValu – Dublin) and Joseph Wallace (SuperValu - Wexford).
RGDATA is a nominating body for the Seanad and our nominee for the Seanad Barry Ward was elected a Senator in the most recent election.