RGDATA has made a submission to A Vision for Ireland 2020 the National Planning Framework calling for vibrant towns and local communities to be prioritised in the strategy for the development of Ireland over the next 20 years. Click here to read the RGDATA submission.
Tara Buckley highlighted shop owners' concerns about spiralling insurance costs on the Marian Finnucane Show on Sunday 2 April on RTE Radio 1.
Following on from the public protest meeting held in the Clanard Court Hotel, Athy last week, which was attended by over 230 people, it was agreed by the different groups to share information by means of a survey. Have you completed the RGDATA survey? Click here.
Minister of State for Housing and Urban Planning Damien English praised RGDATA and the Heritage Council for organising and planning the Town Centre Health Check Pilot. The Minister was opening the Town Centre Health Check event in Dublin Castle on Thursday 16 March.
Click here to read the Minister's speech.
RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley told Matt Cooper on The Last Word that an RGDATA survey showed that an overwhelming majority thought the current system for setting commercial rates was unfair and should be reformed. Over 90% of respondents were dissatisfied with the services from their local authority. She said RGDATA had met with senior civil servants about the Government's proposed Bill to reform commercial rates.
Local Government Minister Simon Coveney says the Bill he is bringing to Government will reform commercial rates and allow local authorities to cut rates for certain businesses in an effort to revitalise main streets. The new Bill will also introduce a 12 month payment system and will consolidate the 20 pieces of legislation relating to commercial rates into one more straightforward system. RGDATA will be reviewing the proposed Bill and welcomes any views from members about reforming the rates system.
Have you completed the RGDATA Rates Survey 2017? If not take five minutes to do it here.
RGDATA's campaign to reduce shop insurance costs and claims hit the headlines this week with a feature in The Sunday Business Post highlighting the major frustration the independent shop owners have with spiralling insurance costs and the management of claims.
Click here to read the Sunday Business Post article.
More Articles ...
- Support Reforms that will address shop insurance crisis: RGDATA urges Retail Consultation Forum
- RGDATA to meet Minister Eoghan Murphy re shop insurance costs
- EU to invite RGDATA & Heritage Council to present on Town Centre Heath Check pilot
- Invitation to Rethinking Retail Summit - free to Members of RGDATA
- Fingal County Council Defer Proposed Material Alterations Pending Study
- Minister Humphreys announces pilot scheme to encourage more residents in Town & Village centres
- Principal policy areas that the National Planning Framework should address: RGDATA submission
- RGDATA Social Media Half-Hour Webinars – available for members and their staff for FREE until mid January 2017
- Suspicious “Jackpotting” activity at ATMs: Garda warning
- RGDATA meets with Minister Damien English re Urban Renewal & Town Centre Revitalisation