The Retail Consultation Forum quarterly meeting in Iveagh House on 27 February chaired by Minister Mary Mitchell O'Connor heard updates on Brexit, Town Centre Revival, Retail Skills & Training and the reform of the PAYE system. RGDATA Director General Tara Buckley urged the Forum to support radical measures to address the unsustainable escalation in shop insurance costs.
An RGDATA delegation led by Tara Buckley will meet with Minister of State at the Department of Finance Eoghan Murphy prior to its presentation to the Government's Working Group on Insurance costs on Thursday 2 March. RGDATA will outline a series of radical proposals to address spiralling shop insurance costs.
EU officials have been in touch with RGDATA and The Heritage Council about the pilot Town Centre Health Check programme. The EU is interested in sharing information about programmes that will assist with the revitalisation of town and village centers.
Wednesday 22 March, Killashee Hotel, Naas, Co Kildare. This is an excusive deal - RGDATA members go free! The full conference rate is €175. Click here for all the details.
Fingal County Council has agreed to defer a decision about material alterations to retail warehouse zoning objectives in the Draft Fingal Development Plan 2017-2023. The County Manager said they will be better informed after the South Fingal Study, which is due to start in the next few months, is completed. RGDATA had raised concerns with Fingal Councillors of the implications of a change to the zoning objective.
The Minister for Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs has announced a trebling of the budget for the Town & Village Renewal scheme to €12 million in 2017. Minister Humphreys also announced a pilot scheme to encourage more residential occupancy in town and village centers.
Click here to read the Minister's response to a Dail PQ by Pat Casey TD.
Click here to see the 172 towns that have benefitted from the scheme in 2016.
Click here to read the submission in full.
RGDATA Social Media Half-Hour Webinars – available for members and their staff for FREE until mid January 2017
Three specially tailored workshops available to you and your staff by Maryrose Lyons of Brightspark Consulting which cover the following topics:
1. Social Media Platforms & Content Planning
2. Facebook Ads
3. Social Media Customer Service
These three half hour videos are available free of charge on the RGDATA members’ website until mid-January 2017. Click here.
Need your member password? Call 01-2834188.
Click here for details of an ATM fraud
More Articles ...
- National Planning Framework Expert Advisory Group: RGDATA submission
- Retail Consultation Forum Sub Group on Skills and Training
- RGDATA to meet with Minister Damien English re Urban Renewal & Town Centre Revitalisation
- National Planning Framework Advisory Group meets with Minister Coveney
- Check out Public Holiday entitlements for the Christmas period
- CSO figures reveal cost of shoplifting at Christmas is €55m: An Garda National Retail Safety Day – Thursday 8 December 2016
- RGDATA’s Director General Tara Buckley wins Top Award at 2016 ShelfLife C-Store Awards
- Tara Buckley, Director General RGDATA appointed to National Planning Framework Advisory Group by Minister Simon Coveney TD
- Structural Separation: Alcohol Bill deferred until early 2017
- RGDATA meets Minister Heather Humphries to discuss town centre regeneration and Brexit